NEW Student Enrollment
Welcome to Masuda Middle School and the Fountain Valley School District. We are excited to be a part of your child's educational journey. All school staff are dedicated to providing students with a high-quality learning experience that supports both the academic and social-emotional needs of students.
This enrollment webpage is designed to support families in enrolling student(s) that will be new to Fountain Valley School District. Online enrollment for the 2020-21 school year is now open, and enrollment for the 2021-22 school year will begin on Tuesday, March 2, 2021.
The following are important guidelines for enrolling your child:
- If you have questions regarding the appropriate grade level for your child, please reference this Grade Placement Chart (students must be enrolled in the appropriate grade for their age)
- If you have questions about which school is your home school, please reference this map of FVSD Boundaries.
- If you have questions regarding immunizations required to enroll in school, please reference the Parents Guide to Immunizations Required for School Entry
- Please ensure that you select the correct school in which to enroll your child
NEW STUDENT ENROLLMENT PROCESS
FVSD has a clear, 4-step process for enrolling student in the district. Please complete each of the following steps:
- Please complete the Aeries Online Enrollment Confirmation
- Once completed, please PRINT the confirmation document (do not print double-sided)
- Aeries does not work on mobile devices, so you will need to use a computer, laptop, or chromebook
- If you have any questions, please contact us via email at Masudaoffice@fvsd.us or by phone at 714-378-4250
- Complete the New Student Online Enrollment document
- This is a 5-page "fillable" PDF document
- Please SAVE and PRINT forms (do not print double-sided)
- Provide electronic copies of the following required documents:
- Two (2) Proof of Residence documents (Click here for a list of accepted documents)
- Student's immunization record (Must have all to start school per California Law)
- Documentation of Student's Age (Click here for a list of accepted documents)
- Parent Photo ID (Driver's License or Passport)
- Copy of most recent State Testing Results (SBAC)
- Verification of GATE status (if applicable)
- Most recent report card
- Any special program documentation - Individualized Education Plan (IEP) or 504 Plan (if applicable)
- We are now accepting student enrollment for the 2020-21 school year. After completing the enrolment forms (Step 1 & Step 2), and creating electronic copies of the required documents (Step 3), please email all documents to the Masuda Office at Masudaoffice@fvsd.us
- Documents may also be delivered to the school using the Document Dropbox on the school's campus
FVSD continues to practice social distancing; therefore, all enrollment forms will be collected via email or document dropbox on the school's campus.
If you have any additional questions regarding enrollment, please contact the Masuda Office at Masudaoffice@fvsd.us or via phone at 714-378-4250.
NOTIFICATION OF REGISTRATION INFORMATION USES
The information provided to Fountain Valley School District (FVSD), and Masuda Middle School, during the enrollment process will be used to determine that the student resides within the FVSD attendance boundaries, the school within those attendance boundaries to which the student will be assigned, and to identify unique educational programming services to which the student may be entitled. Information collected will be used for no other purpose, such as restricting or denying enrollment or treating a student differently in determining whether he or she satisfies any admission or enrollment criteria.
The online registration system is translated into Vietnamese, Spanish, Chinese, Korean, Arabic, and Armenian. In the event your family needs assistance completing the enrollment process for any reason, please contact the Educational Services Department of Fountain Valley School District via phone at (714) 843-3200 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.